Invisalign® in Campsie
Invisalign® clear aligners are an alternative to braces for people who prefer a more discreet orthodontic treatment.
At Campsie Street Dental, we offer Invisalign® treatments for adults and older teenagers with mild to moderate orthodontic issues. Unlike fixed dentures, Invisalign® aligners are removable and will be replaced by our dentists every few weeks. Each set of custom aligners is individually made to gradually move your teeth into their new positions.
To find out if you’re suitable for Invisalign® and to learn more about this treatment, book a consultation at our Campsie Street dental clinic. Call us on (02) 9718 7907 to speak to our friendly team today.
Benefits of Invisalign®
Depending on your individual situation, Invisalign® treatment can offer a number of advantages over traditional braces. Some of these include:
- Less visible – Made from transparent plastic, Invisalign® clear braces aren’t completely invisible, but they’re less noticeable on your teeth than metal braces.
- More accurate predictions – The Invisalign® system uses sophisticated computer imaging and design to plan every stage of your treatment right at the beginning. We can give you an idea of what your new smile should look like if you complete the treatment correctly.
- Doesn’t affect your diet – Unlike braces, Invisalign® aligners are removable and should be taken out when you eat. This means you probably won’t have to give up your favourite foods – though we recommend you follow a healthy diet to avoid oral health problems that could interfere with your treatment.
- Easier to brush and floss – You can also take out your aligners when brushing and flossing your teeth. This avoids the difficulty some brace wearers have when brushing around brackets and wires.
- More comfortable – Some people find braces uncomfortable and may prefer the gentler force of Invisalign® aligners. They can also be easier to get used to than braces, which may poke or irritate the lips and cheeks.
- Shorter treatment time – While the duration of orthodontic treatment can vary for each individual, Invisalign® treatment usually takes less time than traditional braces.
How long does Invisalign® treatment take?
For most adults, Invisalign® treatment takes around 12-18 months. The treatment time for teenagers tends to be more variable.
We’ll replace your aligners every few weeks to encourage your teeth to gradually move into their new positions. We’ll tell you how long your treatment should take after we perform an orthodontic assessment.
Alternatives to Invisalign®
Invisalign® can be effective at treating mild to moderate orthodontic issues, but it’s not suitable for all patients. We’ll let you know if you’re a candidate during your consultation.
If your teeth are more severely crooked or misaligned, we may recommend braces. At Campsie Street Dental, we offer several discreet options for braces, including tooth-coloured ceramic braces and lingual braces that attach to the back of the teeth.
If your teeth are only slightly crooked, or you have other concerns about their appearance, you may be interested in dental veneers.
Make an appointment
Book a consultation at Campsie Street Dental to find out more about Invisalign® and other orthodontic treatments. Call us on (02) 9718 7907 or fill out the form below.